![]() |
| Man, this was so good to run! |
So, I've started running.
Well, maybe I should say, 'attempting to run'. Honestly, it's more of a crawling jog! One night last weekend I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be awesome to be able to run 10k?".
As someone who used to shudder at the thought of even having to run for a bus, this thought was totally out of the blue. I have never been one for physical exercise, except for dancing. I used to dance a LOT as a child, competitively and in a few different styles too. Then I got into high school and became self conscious of myself and stopped dancing. Looking back, I do wish I hadn't listened to my inner thoughts, as I imagine I'd be a lot better now (and a lot skinnier too!).
So, the next day, I decided to try and run. Not very far, not very fast, but just to try. Luckily, it was a dry, sunny day and I had some trainers. I didn't have a good sports bra, so I just made do with what I had; which coincidentally was to put on a tight bra, a sports bra, a tight vest top and then my baggy running top. Not my brightest idea! I couldn't breathe very well, but the girls were strapped in tight. But just as I was about to leave the door, my brain decided to freak out and tell me I couldn't do this. I felt really deflated, and was all ready to sit down and pat myself on the back for even attempting this.
AND THEN
I decided to google 'running motivation' and found an amazing article found here. It essentially says FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN, GET OVER YOURSELF AND RUN!
So, run I did. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't fast. For some of it, I thought about all the people looking at me. Other parts I wondered when I could turn back. But for a few tiny moments, I thought 'I wonder how much farther I can go?'. In total, it was about 20 minutes long my run. But for those 20 minutes, I wasn't being anxious, or worrying, or attached to something electronic. It was just me, my music, and the thump thump thump of my feet on the ground.
And honestly? It was great.

No comments:
Post a Comment